The training requires a minimum of 5 hours flying time.
Typically you will be booked training sessions in 2 hours blocks, for which you will fly for approximately one hour. You only pay for the time spent in the aircraft, your pre and post-flight briefings with your instructor are free. You can fly as often as you like but we recommend that you should aim to fly at least once a week.
Before beginning the course, the applicant must hold a minimum:
- Medical Certificate appropriate to the licence held
- NPPL(A), LAPL(A), PPL(A), CPL(A) or ATPL(A)
- SEP (land) Class Rating or SSEA (as applicable)
The training is undertaken in our De Havilland DH-82A Tiger Moth II G-ANHK.
The full course cost for the Tailwheel endorsement is ‘pay as you go’ but equates to £1595 at current prices.
- 5 hours aircraft hire (5*255 pounds per hour) £1275.00
- 5 hours flying instructor (5*45 pounds per hour) £225.00
- 12 months membership £95.00
Please note there are no additional charges for landing fees or touch and go fees as part of this course.
Prices quoted do not include any additional flying hours if required. Neither do they cover any costs for any books or other accessories.
There are no formal skills tests on completion of the course.
The Tailwheel Endorsement allows a pilot to fly SEP tail wheel aeroplanes as PIC